SIT40521 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery (CRICOS: 109588F)
About this course
Certificate IV Kitchen Management:
CRICOS Course Code: 109588F
Level 1, 220 Albert Road, South Melbourne 3205
80 Blair Street, Broadmeadows 3047
185-187 Boundary Road, North Melbourne
Level 4 3-5 Bennett St, EAST PERTH 6004
28/386 Wanneroo Road, Westminster WA 6061
Intake: Multiple intakes available
This qualification reflects the role of chefs and cooks who have a supervisory or team leading role in the kitchen. They operate independently or with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve non-routine problems.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, pubs, cafes, and coffee shops, or to run a small business in these sectors.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State or Territory legislation, Australian standards, and industry codes of practice.
This program will be delivered over a period of 78 weeks including a 13-week work placement.
The course duration for Acacia students who have successfully completed SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery and wish to enrol in SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management is 26 weeks (20 weeks study and 6 weeks holidays).
Face-to-face classroom, Practical training and assessment completed in a commercial kitchen, and 248 hours of Work-based Training arranged by the Institute.
WORK BASED TRAINING
This course includes work-based training of a minimum of 248 Hours. During work-based training, students will be able to practice their skills and knowledge in real workplace settings. This will assist students to be job-ready at graduation. Work Based Training is organized by Institute.
PLEASE NOTE: –
Only 48 Hours work-based training applies to this course if student has successfully completed SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery from Acacia Institute.
On successful completion of the course candidates can seek employment as
chef de partie
- All overseas students entering this qualification must have an English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (Academic or general version) or equivalent internationally recognized exam result, or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 (Academic or general version) then Satisfactory completion of ELICOS or ESL up to 20 weeks at upper intermediate level or
- Upper Intermediate (General English) or higher certificate from a CRICOS registered English language training provider
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed secondary studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an English language speaking country.
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate III or higher level.
- Acacia Institute also has an online English proficiency test to ensure that students have the English language capacity to successfully complete this course.
- For overseas students on an Australian student visa, Acacia Institute has a requirement that all students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of course.
- It is recommended that students have attained a year 12 certificate or equivalent.
Qualification Requirements for Acacia:
Students must have completed the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or Equivalent)
Students will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure that they meet entry requirements and that they are enrolled in the units required to meet the packaging rules for SIT40516 Certificate IV Commercial Cookery.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
There are no language, literacy and numeracy requirements to enter this qualification. However, LLN testing will be used during enrolment to investigate the need for language, literacy and numeracy support throughout the course.
There are no licensing or regulatory requirements associated with this course.
For international students, ACACIA has a requirement that all students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of course.
International students are required to hold Overseas Health Insurance cover for the duration of the course.
Students exiting this qualification may choose to progress with further studies by undertaking one or more of the following qualifications:
SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management
A range of other qualifications at Diploma level.
Unit of Competency:
|SITXFSA005||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXFSA006||Participate in safe food handling practices|
|SITHCCC023||Use food preparation equipment|
|SITHCCC027||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery|
|SITHCCC028||Prepare appetisers and salads|
|SITHCCC029||Prepare stocks, sauces and soups|
|SITHCCC030||Prepare vegetable, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes|
|SITHCCC031||Prepare vegetarian and vegan dishes|
|SITHCCC035||Prepare poultry dishes|
|SITHCCC036||Prepare meat dishes|
|SITHCCC037||Prepare seafood dishes|
|SITHCCC041||Produce cakes, pastries and breads|
|SITHCCC042||Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements|
|SITHCCC043||Work effectively as a cook|
|SITHKOP010||Plan and cost recipes|
|SITHKOP012||Develop recipes for special dietary requirements|
|SITHKOP013||Plan cooking operations|
|SITHKOP015||Design and cost menus|
|SITXFIN009||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXFSA008||Develop and implement a food safety program|
|SITXHRM009||Lead and manage people|
|SITXINV006||Receive, store and maintain stock|
|SITXMGT004||Monitor work operations|
|SITXWHS007||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|BSBTWK501||Lead Diversity and inclusion|
|SITHCCC038||Produce and serve food for buffets|
|SITHASC022||Prepare Asian stocks and soups|
|SITHCCC039||Produce pates and terrines|
|SITHCCC040||Prepare and serve cheese|
|SITXWHS006||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks|