SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management (CRICOS: 102991G)
About this course
Diploma of Hospitality Management:
CRICOS Course Code: 102991G
Level 13, 190 Queen Street, Melbourne 3000
80 Blair Street, Broadmeadows 3047
185-187 Boundary Road, North Melbourne
Level 4 3-5 Bennett St, EAST PERTH 6004
28/386 Wanneroo Road, Westminster WA 6061
Intake: Multiple intakes available
This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes restaurants, hotels, motels, catering operations, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multiskilling and for acquiring targeted skills in accommodation services, cookery, food and beverage and gaming.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian standards, and industry codes of practice.
This program will be delivered over a period of 104 weeks including a 3-week work placement.
The course duration for Acacia students who have successfully completed SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery and SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery is 26 weeks (20 weeks study and 6 weeks holidays).
Face to face classroom, Practical training and assessment is completed in commercial kitchen and 48 hours of Work-based Training arranged by the Institute.
WORK BASED TRAINING
This course includes work-based training of a minimum of 48 hours/3 weeks. During work-based training, students will be able to practice their skills and knowledge in real workplace settings. This will assist students to be job-ready at graduation.
No work-based training applies to this course if student has successfully completed SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery & SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery from Acacia Institute.
On successful completion of the course candidates can seek employment as
- banquet or function manager
- bar manager · café manager
- chef de cuisine
- chef patissier
- club manager · executive housekeeper
- front office manager
- gaming manager
- kitchen manager
- motel manager
- restaurant manager
- sous chef
- unit manager catering operations.
- All overseas students entering this qualification must have an English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (Academic or general version) or equivalent internationally recognized exam result, or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 (Academic or general version) then Satisfactory completion of ELICOS or ESL up to 20 weeks at upper intermediate level or
- Upper Intermediate (General English) or higher certificate from a CRICOS registered English language training provider
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed secondary studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an English language speaking country.
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate III or higher level.
- Acacia Institute also has an online English proficiency test to ensure that students have the English language capacity to successfully complete this course.
- For overseas students on an Australian student visa, Acacia Institute has a requirement that all students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of course.
- It is recommended that students have attained a year 12 certificate or equivalent.
Qualification Requirements for Acacia:
Students must have completed the Certificate III in Commercial Cookery & Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery.
Students will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure that they meet entry requirements and that they are enrolled in the units required to meet the packaging rules for SIT40516 Certificate IV Commercial Cookery.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
There are no language, literacy and numeracy requirements to enter this qualification. However, LLN testing will be used during enrolment to investigate the need for language, literacy and numeracy support throughout the course.
There are no licensing or regulatory requirements associated with this course.
For international students, ACACIA has a requirement that all students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of course.
International students are required to hold Overseas Health Insurance cover for the duration of the course.
Students exiting this qualification may choose to progress with further studies by undertaking one or more of the following qualifications:
An undergraduate degree in hospitality management
A range of other qualifications at Diploma level.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY:
|BSBMGT517||Manage operational plan|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXGLC001||Research and comply with regulatory requirements|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|BSBTWK501||Lead Diversity and Inclusion|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITHKOP005||Coordinate cooking operations*|
|SITHCCC001||Use food preparation equipment*|
|SITHCCC005||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery*|
|SITHCCC006||Prepare appetizers and salads*|
|SITHCCC007||Prepare stocks, sauces and soups*|
|SITHCCC008||Prepare vegetable, fruit, egg and farinaceous dishes*|
|SITHCCC012||Prepare poultry dishes*|
|SITHCCC013||Prepare seafood dishes*|
|SITHCCC014||Prepare meat dishes*|
|SITHCCC018||Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements*|
|SITHCCC019||Produce cakes, pastries and breads*|
|SITHKOP002||Plan and cost basic menus|