SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing (CRICOS:112490A)
About this course
Certificate III in Hairdressing:
CRICOS Course Code: 112490A
Level 1, 220 Albert Road South Melbourne 3205
Intake: Multiple intakes available
You will develop specialist hairdressing skills and learn salon business practice at the hairdressing training studio.
This qualification equips you with practical skills in:
- design and style
- foundation colour
- hair and scalp treatments
- long hair design
- protein treatments and straightening
- men’s grooming
- advanced cutting and colour techniques.
Completion of this qualification contributes to recognition as a qualified hairdresser.
This qualification provides a pathway to work as a hairdresser.
The skills in this qualification must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State or Territory legislation, Australian standards, and industry codes of practice.
The duration of this course is 52 weeks
Face to face classroom, Practical training and assessment is completed in haodressing training studio located at Level 1, 220 Albert Road South Melbourne.
- All overseas students entering this qualification must have an English Language proficiency level of one of the below:
- IELTS band score of 5.5 (Academic or general version) or equivalent internationally recognized exam result, or
- IELTS band score of 5.0 (Academic or general version) then Satisfactory completion of ELICOS or ESL up to 20 weeks at upper intermediate level or
- Upper Intermediate (General English) or higher certificate from a CRICOS registered English language training provider
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed secondary studies equivalent to an Australian Year 12 qualification from an English language speaking country.
- In the 2 years before commencing the course, has completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate III or higher level.
- Acacia Institute also has an online English proficiency test to ensure that students have the English language capacity to successfully complete this course.
- For overseas students on an Australian student visa, Acacia Institute has a requirement that all students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of course.
- It is recommended that students have attained a year 12 certificate or equivalent.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy Requirements
There are no language, literacy and numeracy requirements to enter this qualification. However, LLN testing will be used during enrolment to investigate the need for language, literacy and numeracy support throughout the course.
There are no licensing or regulatory requirements associated with this course.
For international students, ACACIA has a requirement that all students must be over 18 years of age at the commencement of course.
International students are required to hold Overseas Health Insurance cover for the duration of the course.
Unit of Competency:
|Participate in sustainable work practices
|Research and use hairdressing industry information
|Produce visual merchandise displays
|Apply safe hygiene, health and work practices
|Comply with organisational requirements within a personal services environment
|Provide salon services to clients
|Develop and expand a client base
|Communicate as part of a salon team
|Maintain and organise tools, equipment and work areas
|Conduct salon financial transactions
|Provide shampoo and basin services
|Identify and treat hair and scalp conditions
|Design haircut structures
|Create one length or solid haircut structures
|Create graduated haircut structures
|Create layered haircut structures
|Create combined haircut structures
|Create combined traditional and classic men’s haircut structures
|Cut hair using over-comb techniques
|Create finished hair designs
|Create classic long hair up-styles
|Plan hair services for special events
|Colour and lighten hair
|Provide on scalp full head and retouch bleach treatments
|Straighten and relax hair with chemical treatments
|Provide full and partial head highlighting treatments
|Neutralise unwanted colours and tones